Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Regifted breakfast

I made a loaf of cornbread last night and I must admit, it wasn't good. It was perfectly moist, just the way I like it, but the flavor just wasn't there. Perhaps it's because I used white cornmeal and not yellow? I don't know. It didn't have a strong enough corn flavor and it wasn't as sweet as I wished, although it was delicious with some creamed honey on top. Mmmm...
Anyway, my roomie and I were supposed to get free ihop pancakes this morning at 6, but we decided to save gas and make our own 6 a.m. pancakes. Needless to say, it's now 7:20 a.m., I'm stuffed to the brim and dressed for work, and she's still sound asleep. So much for carpooling!
I've been having a bit of a french toast obsession lately, so I decided to "regift" my slightly-failed cornbread and make french toast! Woooooo
With broiled brown sugar bananas on top. 
Fairly unattractive, but fully yummy nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment