Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The day I ate an entire cookie sheet full of roast veggies.


As you can see...
roomies graduated

pals visited

back yard camping

chopped some onions and peppers

loafed with some spongebob

made my ladies potatoes

ate some ben & jerry's

did some thriftin'

brought some nutella to Yolanda's

and shared pucker margaritas with Allycat


...I had a good weekend.

And by "good," I mean endless pina coladas, nachos, potato chips, chocolate truffles, ben and jerry's, oh my! After weekends like this, I always come to my senses (usually on Mondays). Soooo.....detox time!! I decided I deserved to treat myself to some cleansing foods, so I bought a boat load of veggies from Trader Joes and have been going veggie crazy!
Yesterday, I made some spinach-apple-carrot-fennel-ginger-lemon-zucchini juice:
Pretty darn delicious. I always add extra ginger for a super kick cause I like it spicy!

Then today, I roasted a whole cookie sheet full of veggies at 250 degrees F for about an hour, maybe more, after I tossed em in olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, and lemon juice. I then proceeded to drizzle the whole bit in more tahini, lemon, and lemon pepper. Crispy, tender, light, yet ridiculously satisfying. Mushrooms, kale, zucchini, fennel, broccoli. Badda bing, badda boom.


No comments:

Post a Comment