What I used (be warned, I don't measure my spices because I taste as I go):
- 3/4 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can veggie broth
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 large sweet potato, steamed and chopped
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (I like it chunky :) ) *
- 1 heaping teaspoon vegan cream cheese (optional)
- ginger powder
- cinnamon (I used a lot, as I'm a cinnamon addict)
- curry powder
- chili powder
- garlic powder
I cooked the bell pepper and onion until the onions were translucent. Then I added the rest of the ingredients, covered it, let it simmer for about 10 minutes, and ran my mini boat motor through it for a few seconds so that it was half smooth and half chunky.
I served it over some perfectly chewy barley with chopped peanuts on top.
|after the addition of the soupy liquid and stirred :)|
Clearly, this was just too damn difficult.