- 1 head's worth of broccoli florets
- 1/2 bunch kale leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons hummus
- 1 heaping teaspoon cream cheese (optional, I wanted it creamy so I used vegan cream cheese)
- 1 14-oz can veggie broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Heat oil on medium heat, sauté garlic and onion until golden. Add veggie broth until it begins to bubble. Reduce heat to medium-low, add chopped greens, cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, place it in a blender with hummus, cream cheese, and pepper, and blend. Be sure to open the top of the blender slightly to release some of the steam.
It's not shown in the picture, but I ate my soup with a chopped up ball of falafel. Yum!