Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Monday Happy Hash!

Happy spring break! This brief period of academic freedom was kick started by a fabulous weekend of early birthday surprises that my pals and sister planned for me. They took me to the Santa Barbara farmers market (awesome), thrift shopping (awesome), lunch (awesome), and made me dinner (AMAZING)! I can honestly say it was one of the most delicious things I've eaten in a very, very long time. It was garlic-packed Thai peanut pasta, cucumber salad, and TJ's triple lemon ginger snap ice cream in waffle bowls and ginger biscotti! That is true love if you ask me! I was all smiles that day, as you can see:
After some pretty intense rain this weekend, this morning was graced by clear sunny skies.
Saturday's weather

Today's weather
Clear sunny skies = good lighting, and, of course, that means I had to make a good breakfast to photograph. So, in honor of the corned beef and cabbage my mama gave me on St. Patrick's day, I HAD to make corned beef hash! How could I not?

Here's what I used:
  • corned beef, which I removed most of the fat (yuck) from by boiling it
  • potatoes, which mama cooked with the corned beef, yum
  • steamed carrots
  • sauteéd onions
  • spinach
  • S&P
  • microwave poached egg
  • MUSTARD!!
Gotta give the Instagram picture some love, too.


Time for me to pack my belongings and head home for spring break! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment