Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mason Jar Souffle!

So I've been really into the concept of mug cakes this school year. I've made chocolate mug cakes, almond extract mug cakes, etc. But because they're not the healthiest of treats, I wanted something a little more legal for breakfast. Mug cake = cake. Breakfast food = omelet. Mug cake + omelet = mason jar souffle! 
Here's what I used:
  • 2 TB melted peanut butter
  • 1 TB vanilla almond milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 tsp butter extract (optional but totally necessary if you're a butter fiend like me)
  • 1 TB brown sugar/agave/honey
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • Cinnamon
Optional: 
  • flax seeds
  • oats
  • orrrrrr! you can omit sweetener and use non-vanilla milk, salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder, chopped veggies, etc.

Whip everything together with a fork or whipping device of your choice. Nuke for liiiike a minute*


(*I really just stare at it until it rises above the top of the jar, check it to see it if it's too liquidy, and if it is, I obviously zap it for a few more seconds*)

No comments:

Post a Comment