Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower and Eggplant Marinara

I was ravenously hungry today after a long day of work, but felt like I needed a light meal as opposed to a carby one. I cut up some cauliflower, sliced up an eggplant, and after a few generous sprays of olive oil spray and a coating of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce, into the oven my veggies went. I convection-roasted the cauliflower for maaaybe 20 minutes, but I couldn't tell ya because to be honest, I wasn't paying attention to time. The eggplant took a bit longer because I insisted that it came out crispy. During the last 5 minutes or so of roasting, I low-broiled the eggplant and it was just lovely. Oh, I also sprinkled some of my roommate's rosemary-garlic blend on it before baking.


The cauliflower was crispy and delightful, but because I am SUCH a slow eater (my friends can attest to that as it takes me an hour to eat a bowl of oatmeal) , it lost its crispness by the time i was 1/4 way done with my meal. Whatever, it still tasted good. I smothered my crispy eggplant in Trader Joe's marinara sauce and boy oh boy did this meal sure hit the spot! I was stuffed about half way through!
Yum, yum, and more yum.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment