Saturday, May 5, 2012

Veggie quiche babies

After having (barely) survived the Insanity fit test this morning, I was HUUUN-GRY. So I made me some lil quiches, which I liked because I'm in love with all things eggs and vegetables, but Coco felt otherwise. Her feedback was "it just tastes like vegetables." WOMP.
Anyhow, this is what I used (measurements are estimates) --

  • Cooked quinoa, from 1/8 cup dry quinoa cooked in a rice cooker
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/8 cup frozen super sweet corn
  • 1/4 cup grated zucchini
  • 1/4 cup sweet onion, which I caramelized with the cauliflower and corn
  • 1 mini sweet pepper
  • freeze dried onion
  • freeze dried garlic
  • trivial amount of kale, just for color
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder (not sure this was even necessary)
  • if I had it, it totally would have added some shredded cheese!






off to hike :)


P.S. MY BOOK ARRIVED!!! This means I'm officially DONE with one class, I just have to present ma book next week. I'm pretty darn stoked. *squee*

No comments:

Post a Comment