Makes 15 at 1 packed tablespoon each.
WARNING: the scent of the roasting almonds is simply intoxicating.
- 16 dates, pitted (I used this kind)
- 2/3 cup dried bing cherries
- a little over 2/3 cup almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. I prefer the convection roast setting.
2. Spread the almonds onto a cookie sheet and bake them for 7 minutes, but check on them to ensure they don't burn, as this can happen very quickly. Let them cool off for a few minutes.
3. Place the nuts in a food processor and give it a few pulses until they're in large chunks.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and pulse everything together.
It should be finer than this, so that everything will stick together:
This only made 7 but can easily be multiplied.
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces (I used TJ's roasted & lightly salted)
- 10 dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions are the same as above! Remember, roasting the nuts makes a huge difference, in my opinion, but you can just use raw nuts. I roasted the cashew pieces for about 5 minutes.
|All packed up in the fridge for Maaa!|