Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pepper obsession...

In addition to the discovery of my recent sesame oil obsession, I've also come to the conclusion that I just couldn't possibly live on if all the bell peppers in the world were to disappear. They are perfect. I'm partial to the sweeter yellow, orange, and red ones, but green holds a special place in my heart as well. Fajitas? Phenomenal! Roasted peppers, feta, and kalamata olives? A combination I just can't live without! So I bought myself a giant red bell pepper yesterday from the 99 cent store (shady, I knoooow), gave it a good washing, chopped it in half, and made some wonderful (and mighty filling) stuffed pepper halves.
View!





For the barbecue sauce, I used a gluten-free one.
Quinoa would definitely work in place of the rice here. If I had it, I surely would have put some cheese on top before I broiled em so that it got crispy, but alas, I'm a poor little lady purchasing 50 cent more-than-likely-to-be-tainted bell peppers and being way too excited about it.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment