Thursday, May 31, 2012

Quinoa Chocolate Fudgecakes

So I found out through my lovely pal Taylor {also my only reader!} that you can make chocolate cake using cooked quinoa and cocoa powder in place of flour! Gluten free heaven if you ask me! I used a recipe by Cake on the Brain, and since it was so good, I feel as though I'd be doing her a disservice by not linking you directly to her recipe! Seriously, it turned out perfectly! I quartered her recipe, which gave me 4 regular-sized cupcakes and 5 babies. I replaced a tablespoon of sugar with 1 tsp stevia (although that was probably pointless), used unsweetened vanilla almondmilk, and added a wee bit extra vanilla. Oh, I also didn't have baking soda so I used almost triple the amount of baking powder.  Perhaps mine turned out differently texture-wise than they were supposed to, but I'm SO happy I didn't have baking soda--they were soooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautifully moist, almost like a cross between a cupcake and a fudge brownie! Hence, fudgecakes. Yum.
Photos!


Haters finna hate on my Christmas cupcake papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment